Saturday, May 7, 2011

Whew-

Sometimes it's a ride......much to be done, not enough time to get it all finished.  But...my quest is to simplify.  I am often reminded of statements such as "don't put it down, put it away" and "a place for everything and everything in it's place.  I've worked towards those things and have let go of a lot of 'stuff' that was no longer serving a purpose for new seasons of life.  Yet part of daily living is paperwork to be filled out, meals to be prepared, bills to be paid, laundry to be washed and cars to be maintained etc.   Even with my mission to simplify there are daily tasks that need to be accomplished in order to maintain that goal.  I guess that is why it's so important to let things go that matter less and focus our energies on things that matter most.  God, Family, and Freedom are at the top of that list for me.

I can't remember the exact statement but it went something like this "when we put God first in our lives, everything else will either fall into or out of place."  That's a statement to run our lives by.  Nothing else is of more importance than that.

No comments: